24-hour Helpline: (360) 715-1563
If this is an emergency, please call 911.
Due to COVID-19, our downtown location will continue to be closed to in-person services in order to protect the health and well-being of our clients, staff and community. However, we are still providing the following services:
- 24 Hour Advocacy Helpline: If you or a loved one would like to talk to an advocate, services are available 24/7 by calling 360-715-1563 or toll-free at 1-877-715-1563. We accept 711 and other relay calls. Se habla espanol. на русском говорят.
- Walk-in Services: We're now offering walk-in services on Mondays and Wednesdays from 10am to 2pm, at 1407 Commercial St. All other in-person serviecs by appointment only.
- Phone Advocacy Appointments: Due to COVID safety precautions, we are providing services primarily over the phone. If you would like to schedule an appointment to speak with an advocate, please call our 24-hour helpline during business hours (M-F, 9-5).
- Virtual Appointments: If you prefer to work with an advocate face to face, we are now providing video advocacy appointments over Zoom. If you would like to schedule a virtual appointment, please call our 24-hour helpline during business hours (M-F, 9-5).
- Online Advocacy Services: You are also welcome to visit our Ask an Advocate page and have your question answered via email, or you can connect with an advocate via Facebook. Please note that these channels are currently only monitored during business hours (M-F, 9-5).
- Ongoing Services: If you would like to work with one advocate on an ongoing basis, please call our 24-hour hotline to speak with a staff member who can help connect you with an on-going services.
- Support Groups: We are still providing confidential virtual support groups:
- New Beginnings: Domestic Violence Support Group
- Connections: Sexual Assault Support Group
- Spectrum: Support Group for those in the LGBTQ+ umbrella who have experienced abuse.
- For more information about virtual support groups, please call our 24-hour helpline (360-715-1563) during business hours (M-F, 9-5) to be connected to a support group facilitator.
- Mail Pick-up: For clients who pick up mail at our downtown office, mail pickup is Mondays and Wednesdays from 10am-2pm, or by appointment only. Please call our 24-hour helpline (360-715-1563) during business hours (M-F, 9-5) to coordinate mail pick up..
We will continue to update our website as Whatcom County’s response to the pandemic evolves. For the most up-to-date information on the COVID-19 outbreak, visit the Whatcom County Health Department’s website.